Sunday, September 11, 2011

do you know the Banker man?

Mr. Banks is 2 months old.
We have successfully kept another human being alive for 2 months...where's my gold star?
The longest yet quickest 2 months of my life. Long because I am still not 100% healed, quickest because Banks is so grown up! He has been sleeping through the night for the last 3 weeks and counting...blessed be. He also treats Mommy to a 4 hour nap everyday in addition to his other 2 to 3 hour naps each day...blessed be. I may be the only new Mommy, or perhaps one of the few, who doesn't feel like a zombie. My secret you ask? Well, the more time that goes by, the more I realize most of this has nothing to do with me. I wish I could say I was so good at this gig that I knew the secret to a good sleeping baby but guess what, I am totally convinced he came that way. I read a baby book while prego that convinced me that if he slept well it was because of my skillz, but I am pretty sure this is bogus. That being said, I think there are things parents can do to help their babies be happy sleepers or vice versa. I just consider myself one of the lucky ones and count my blessings. Being a Mom is pretty much the best thing ever and I mean that with all my heart, and who knew we'd make'em so cute too? That I will claim as being one of my skillz.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! You got way lucky girlfriend! Grant is an awesome night sleeper but he hates to nap! I have to trick him into falling asleep during the day. But as long as I get my nights I can handle it!! Glad you got blessed with a sleepy baby!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete