Wednesday, June 22, 2011

$12 D.I. dream

Yesterday I was blessed by the Shopping Angels while at the D.I.
This isn't the first time this has happened to me or someone in my family.
For those of you who don't know, my Mom found my wedding dress at the D.I. for $12 my Sophomore year in High School.

photo by Duston Todd

Shopping Angles really do exist.

Back to yesterday...
wandering through the Provo D.I. and I happen upon this


I am positive some sweet little Grandma sent this my way in spirit because it was carefully wrapped up, all the parts included, and the instruction manual/recipe book was carefully taped to the top. Added bonus... inside she had neatly written down additional recipes in the most delicate, cursive handwriting. So great. Not to mention that I've always wanted an ice cream maker and failed to register for one when I had the chance.

So tonight, we tried it out and it works wonders. We made raspberry peach ice cream and it was delightful. I love how homemade ice cream is way creamier than the store bought stuff. I'm sure this is due to the fact that heavy whippping cream is one of the main ingredients. We had tons of fun making it and it only took about 20 minutes to do. It made just the right amount for the both of us so there wasn't any racing involved. We even have some leftovers.

Thank You D.I. and Shopping Angels.
You never fail to bless my life.


4 comments:

  1. get out of town? your wedding dress was from DI for twelve bucks. best thrift find EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! Ive been wanting one forever too! Glad you could enjoy a nice treat. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super duper jealous of this ice cream maker thing. Ice ream is my absolute favorite!!!! Just found you on your sister's blog....happy to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete